Sensually Wicked Man Love

The thoughts and challenges I come across in being a heterosexual woman, wife and mother who loves to write m/m erotic romances. I'm not gay or male, but the thoughts of two gorgeous, confident men together is my idea of a hot time! I write for others, both men and women, who feel the same.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

writing short stories

I just finished writing a short story, under 12,000 words,(for submission to EC's Cavemen anthologies), and I had to mop my brow when it was all completed because I JUST managed to make it in under the word limit. Thank goodness!

I find it so hard to write short! Developing two unique individual characters that readers can relate to and find interesting, plotting a believable storyline that brings them together into a romance and makes sure the sex fits into the developing relationship is difficult for me to accomplish in a short story! Every time I do it, I worry I've left readers feeling like they missed something. I must need more practice, which means writing more books and short stories. I'll have to find some anthologies looking for m/m romances! EEEK!

3 Comments:

Blogger Sherrill Quinn said...

Good luck, Laura! I hope EC accepts it. :)

12:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks, Sherrill! I admit I'm keeping my fingers crossed---and it's so hard to type like that!

3:15 PM  
Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

Good luck Laura.

And yes, short is hard! There's always so much to get in.

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home