Sensually Wicked Man Love

The thoughts and challenges I come across in being a heterosexual woman, wife and mother who loves to write m/m erotic romances. I'm not gay or male, but the thoughts of two gorgeous, confident men together is my idea of a hot time! I write for others, both men and women, who feel the same.

Monday, May 22, 2006

RT and Manlove

If I found out nothing else at RT I discovered this-m/m erotic romance for women is not a recognized market in the publishing industry. Readers loved it, asked for it and about it, but most print publishers deny an audience for it exists.

Even Harlequin has decide straight women would enjoy f/f romance in their new Spice line more than ones with delicious, hot, primal men in them. I have yet to understand that particular reasoning. I love men. I want men in my romances, and two men are better than no men in a story. M/m readers do exist, by the thousands.

I want to help raise the awareness of the NY print houses to the existence of some of the hottest stories out there, MANLOVE.

Romantic manlove erotic fiction has been around for over thirty years, since the first Kirk/Spock fanfiction was written and it's not going anywhere. There are thousand of sites devoted to slash fiction and hundreds of thousands of readers looking for quality stories, most, but not all, are women. A recent Wall Street Journal article that state 60% of Brokeback's audience is female.

Manlove *is* a part of the romance community. E publishers get it, small print publishers get it. Now we need to have the big guys get it if we want more quality manlove fiction made available to us. Please consider dropping a note to the addys below. Maybe then we could see some action. It would also help to mention and include the link for a certain book's status on Amazon or B&N. Be polite. And numbers count. Let's make our voices heard.

Publishers: Dorchester Publishing Co., Inc.
customerservice@dorchpub.com

Kensington Publishing Corp.
Hilary Sares, Editor
kensingtonmarketing@kensingtonbooks.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home