Sensually Wicked Man Love

The thoughts and challenges I come across in being a heterosexual woman, wife and mother who loves to write m/m erotic romances. I'm not gay or male, but the thoughts of two gorgeous, confident men together is my idea of a hot time! I write for others, both men and women, who feel the same.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

speedy rejections

If EC is nothing else, they are quick! I submitted a short story on 6/8, got an email stating they had recieved it on 6/9, and I got a rejection notice on 6/13! They said 'the writing was good and the story very well plotted, but it wasn't right for us'. That left two things they might not have liked. Either the vampire/human pairing or the m/m romance. Damn, I like both of those!

I moped and sniffed for awhile, and then I sent it out to another publisher. I even thought about writing another one for EC, without the vampires, but that won't do me any good if the m/m romance part is what they didn't like.

I LOVE writing m/m and that isn't going to change, so I guess I'll have to just write that new one and try EC again until I get it right!

2 Comments:

Blogger Shelley Munro said...

Aw, Laura. Bummer. I'm sorry to hear about the rejection. You can sub it somewhere else though, right? On the plus side, I guess you're not waiting for ages. Hugs!

4:13 AM  
Blogger Shelley Munro said...

Oops, I reread your post. Good luck with the second publisher!!

4:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home