Sensually Wicked Man Love

The thoughts and challenges I come across in being a heterosexual woman, wife and mother who loves to write m/m erotic romances. I'm not gay or male, but the thoughts of two gorgeous, confident men together is my idea of a hot time! I write for others, both men and women, who feel the same.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Faery Balls, author groups and writing time


It’s been a very active week. First, I got a brainstorm for a promotional idea, so I had to get busy and see if it would work.

I’ve organizing a group of M/M erotic romance writers to form a advertising co-op so that we can pool our funds and afford to run ads in bigger mainstream and gay publications and websites. I bought a domain name, Manloveromance.com, got a friend to design a website, put my dear, darling husband to work creating the site. Then I advertised for interested authors, got 20 of them to make a financial commitment, organized their info, and researched media kits for all the publications that reach our target audiences--gay men and straight women who like romantic M/M pairings. And then made phone calls and a flurry of emails to put the arrangements in place. We go with an ad on line with the Advocate.com soon.

Phew! I hope this all works out for everyone involved. We have a terrific group of authors with a diverse range of work that should appeal to a wide array of readers. I hope they find us and we can entertain them!

Mid-week, I was asked to join the group of delightful authors that sponsors the Faery Ball at the RT convention each year! What a fun thing to get involved with! The Ball last month was terrific, full of fun costumes, party people and great gifts and activities. It was one of the highlights of the convention for me. I’m thrilled to be part of it for next year. Now, I have to work on finding the perfect faery costume for Houston next April! I’m not very faeryish-looking, but I love shiny things! My motto is 'pretty, pretty, shiny, shiny’!

Now, inbetween all these things, the kids are off from school for the next 87 days (who's counting?) I have two rapidly approaching deadlines and I’m looking for places to lock myself into to get a bit of peace and quiet to finish up “ROUGHHOUSING”. Although, I admit it, I love writing these guys and I hate the thoughts of leaving them behind again when this one is finished. They are always making out! To be so passionately in love with a new man! Bram and James are so hot!

Speaking of which, I need to go make dinner of the horde of men living in my house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home