Sensually Wicked Man Love

The thoughts and challenges I come across in being a heterosexual woman, wife and mother who loves to write m/m erotic romances. I'm not gay or male, but the thoughts of two gorgeous, confident men together is my idea of a hot time! I write for others, both men and women, who feel the same.

Friday, January 20, 2006

Letting the world know m/m romance readers exist

Now that I've had a good night's sleep and a little distance from the events of yesterday, I've begun to see the refusal of RT Bookclub to review my novel as a potentially good thing. There is some positive results to the issue. This brought into focus the fact the RT isn't aware that there is a huge m/m, f/f readership out there and that if that readership wants a voice in the romance community, allowing them better, more informed access to quality same gender romance fiction, they need to let thier voices be heard. And not just now, but 6 months and a year form now. Politely and intelligently, so that what we have to say will be listened to and respected.
I'm going to write my own quiet, intelligent letter to them today!

3 Comments:

Blogger GLBT Promo said...

You can be quiet, Laura. I'll be loud.

Jolie

1:45 AM  
Blogger Shelley Munro said...

Laura, things change slowly in the romance world :-)
Gradually, they'll get there.

12:19 AM  
Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

Yeah Lauren, I hope that does continue.

and I hope they do get there.

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home