Sensually Wicked Man Love

The thoughts and challenges I come across in being a heterosexual woman, wife and mother who loves to write m/m erotic romances. I'm not gay or male, but the thoughts of two gorgeous, confident men together is my idea of a hot time! I write for others, both men and women, who feel the same.

Saturday, December 10, 2005

writing romance

I thought I'd comment a little on writing romances. These thoughts apply to me, and probably only me, as an author of gay, slash, m/m (pick one you like) romances.

I like happy endings. I like faithful partners. I like to explore the everyday pressure and events that impact our day-to-day lifes and cause us, whatever our sexual orientation, all unnecessary stress in our relationships. I'm old fashioned, but a bit on the wild side.

I don't think an author needs a huge traumatic moment to happen in a character's life to have something to write about and to tell a good story. Some of the most interesting things happen in peoples' lives as a result of tiny moments. A late running meeting makes you miss your usual bus and you suddenly end up sitting on a strange bus next to a dreamy guy who asks you out and it's the start of a long term relationship. You decide to visit a bar you wouldn't usually go into alone. You get mistaken for someone else and end up in a police line up. You go free, but end up dating the detective who questioned you. All real stories that happened to people I know. LOL! Okay, so the police thing was a little traumatic! But he didn't get booked! I like to set-up one or two of those moments in a story and let the drama unfold.

As a nurse for *@## years, I'm very comfortable with all types of people. I know the human body very well. I've put tubes and pieces of equipment into the private pieces parts of men I didn't even know the names of. Some I never learned. All in the line of duty, mind you. No sacrifice is too great to save a life! You pick an orifice in the human body and I've been there!

Personally, I prefer men's bodies to women's, but that goes with being hopelessly heterosexual. I love men. I know the male body extremely well, from the medical, physical, emotional, intimate and romantic angles. Nothing is more beautiful to me than a gorgeous, kind man.

TWO gorgeous, kind men are definitely twice the thrill!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home