Sensually Wicked Man Love

The thoughts and challenges I come across in being a heterosexual woman, wife and mother who loves to write m/m erotic romances. I'm not gay or male, but the thoughts of two gorgeous, confident men together is my idea of a hot time! I write for others, both men and women, who feel the same.

Thursday, June 07, 2007

RT Letter to Hyatt about the Convention incident




Above is a copy of a letter I received today from the Hyatt Hotel that included this letter Carol Stacy sent to the hotel. Since the Hyatt felt it important to share a copy of the letter with me, I thought I needed to share it with everyone who has become involved in the incident. Just run your mouse over it and click on it and it will get large enough to read.

As I've said before, no one has to take only my word on any of these occurrences, the way they actually occurred, not the way they are stated above. An editor helped me set out my promo, two publicists witness the removal of my promo, and I was accompanied by another author during the discussion of the removal with RT and the Hyatt people. None of this is 'innuendo and insinuation'. It is all witnessed fact.

I know it may seem petty to some, but while RT was applauding the Hyatt, I didn't notice mention of the dozens of convention attendees that became very ill at this hotel due to the inablity to escape the smoking.

10 Comments:

Blogger Erastes said...

Notwithstanding the crap and calumny, that is SUCH a badly written letter.

4:53 AM  
Blogger Kirby Crow said...

Am I the only one who read about Lance's hard-working staff and totally interpreted it the naughty way? *g*

Sorry I couldn't come up with a better response. I find it hard to take anything Carol Stacy says seriously anymore.

5:12 AM  
Blogger Nialla said...

I cancelled my RT subscription, not just because of this incident, but several other things that led me to believe RT were being... well, if not outright homophobic, at least pandering to those who are.

I got a rambling email from Carol Stacy, saying my request for cancellation would be taken care of, while trying to pass blame on to anyone she could think of, mostly anyone not her.

I did receive the latest issue though, and after a quick skim it appears there's no ad for Torquere Press, which had a letter to the editor previously. Not sure if that was their idea, or if RT caught a lot of flack for accepting money for same sex romance ads, while not allowing reviews and also appearing to be rather condescending about the genre in general.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Maura Anderson said...

Am I the only one whe finds it interesting that RT is defending itself TO the Hyatt?

2:55 AM  
Blogger Life Can SUCK....if you let it! said...

Carol Stacy is simply trying to cover RT's ass but it's too late for that! They've been "outted" as the homophobes they truly are and that does not sit well with a lot of the people I've talked to! There are a bunch of us going next year but we won’t be paying RT's obnoxious fees – why should we???????

I wasn’t aware Lance was blind or couldn’t read – she states that he “had no idea what kind of fiction the materials promoted”. He couldn’t see/read the www.manloveromance.com across the bottom of the poster? DUH!

I also cancelled my subscription to RT and received a reply back from Carol…that answered NONE of my questions! LMAO

OY! What a mess they are!

Anyone know what the deal is between RT and Ellora’s Cave?????

9:43 AM  
Blogger Marianne said...

I also found it a bit interesting and to say the least lame that Carol felt she had to apologize to the Hyatt. Who are they, God? There are thousands of hotels in this country, most would be clamoring for convention business. Hyatt is definitely not the end all be all of places to stay.

Thanks Laura for sharing this with us. Please know that us fans know what the real story is and whom to believe.

Have a great week!

9:15 AM  
Blogger jmc said...

We do not discriminated? Uh, okay. Proof reading would've been good.

9:52 PM  
Blogger zinreads said...

Why even bring up the incident? I mean, supposedly, she is writing to let Hyatt know that the conventiono went well and they found the Hyatt staff to be very helpful. What purpose does the re-telling of The Incident have on the efforts of the Hyatt staff -- unless Carol Stacy was thanking the Hyatt for hiring and employing discriminating bigots? Yeah, that *must* have been her purpose.

For someone who works in publishing and customer relations, Carol Stacy is very poor at both! Surely she has an assistant to proof-read and do a grammar check? Technically you don't even need an assistant to do that -- if she looks under "tools" in her word procesing program, they both of those checks right there - just a click away. *snort*

Ann

10:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

RT was seen at BEA in NYC two weeks ago sporting Ellora's Cave name tags.

How can a review mazaine maintain any credibility if it accepts financial favors from a publisher whose books it reviews?

6:52 PM  
Blogger Julie Brannagh said...

I'm not renewing my expiring subscription to RT, and I'll be writing to tell them exactly why as well.

Of course, this is IMHO and IANAL, but Ms. Stacy seems to be protecting herself from possible litigation.

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home