Sensually Wicked Man Love

The thoughts and challenges I come across in being a heterosexual woman, wife and mother who loves to write m/m erotic romances. I'm not gay or male, but the thoughts of two gorgeous, confident men together is my idea of a hot time! I write for others, both men and women, who feel the same.

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

RT-Hyatt Update of a kind

Now 2 weeks later, RT’s Carol Stacy has been complaining to people that she can’t get hold of me by phone. She has repeatedly called my house. In his opinion, she has been arrogant and demanding to my husband. I work night shift as an ED nurse, have 2 children and was not always present (at work or out of town at Saints and Sinners Book Festival) or not awake to take her calls these last two weeks.

It hasn't been until today that she was civil enough for me to even consider talking to her, but there isn't a thing I'll like to say to her. She had 3 days to talk to me in person at RT about this. It occurred on Thursday and I left on Monday. Never once did she or anyone besides their staff representative discuss it with me even though the staffer did call con organizer on the phone in front of me and a witness to tell her I was there with questions and concerns.

Instead of talking to me personally, the organizer sent Hyatt Customer Service Manager Lance Barnes to talk me. Neither Carol Stacey nor Jo Carol even attempted to speak with me at that time or any other. I was visible and active for the entire conference, including being a captive audience at the book signing for 3 ½ hours.

Talking to me now won't change how they behaved then. I don't see the point in it. I've relayed the witnessed facts about the incident. I haven't asked for a single thing from them but to be treated fairly.

I never said that the Hyatt Customer Service Manager Lance Barnes said it was because of the M/M content. He also didn’t deny it when I stated I thought it was the reason for the removal when his arguments about the location and appearance of the items were refuted by me with facts. Then he suddenly refused to discuss it anymore, immediately turned his back on me and left. He never denied it, not once. All a witnessed event by another author and the RT staffer.

The promo items were placed out of any public area, butted up to all the rest of the promo items. If it was only the location Lance objected to then why was I told I could not return any of it to the promo lane in a new location and if I did it would be removed and taken? That alone tells me it wasn't the location, but the content as the reason it was removed. When my items were removed, others were put in their place in the exact same spot.

I've been told that the Hyatt says they would never interfere with a trade show content. Funny, the guy that said he took down my promo had a Hyatt name plate on his suit.

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I still believe you should ask the trade show for the lost fees and time spent, at a convention they clearly made you unwelcome at. By RT staff being unwilling to go to bat for you, or even speak with you about the incident while at the convention, they've neglected a customer.

In a separate, much cattier note- What's the chance of you taping these calls for posterity's sake?

2:49 AM  
Blogger Shartyrant said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:23 AM  
Blogger Life Can SUCK....if you let it! said...

Laura,
Where has she been complaining at and to whom? People that might think she's right or people who might care?
So far, I haven't talked to ANYONE who thinks what happened to you was right, by any stretch of the imagination!


Pam

1:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I've had several supporters write me and tell me their conversations with RT. RT is apparently complaining to people who contact them about the situation that I won't accept their calls, which I haven't. I'm talking to GLAAD, ACLU and legal counsel first to be as informed as I can be about this.

10:10 AM  
Blogger Life Can SUCK....if you let it! said...

Well, she wasn't too terribly thrilled when I cancelled my subscription and requested a refund! LMAO She did ask why and I told her why and she started in and I simply told her that the world does not revolve around RT and she'll have to get over it!

9:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's part of the problem. It's never a discussion with RT, it's always a rant. Affaire de Coeur is is seeing my dollars and support.

11:07 PM  
Blogger Life Can SUCK....if you let it! said...

Affaire de Coeur could easily take RT's place if RT isn't very, very careful!
I will be at RT next year - however, I will NOT pay RT's outrageous fees to attend! tee hee

10:11 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Amen to that. Likewise.

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home