Sensually Wicked Man Love

The thoughts and challenges I come across in being a heterosexual woman, wife and mother who loves to write m/m erotic romances. I'm not gay or male, but the thoughts of two gorgeous, confident men together is my idea of a hot time! I write for others, both men and women, who feel the same.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

MLR Press-- all M/M erotic romance and fiction



Early last month I was informed I would be coming back into sudden possession of several of my book contracts early and very unexpectedly. I had retained a literary lawyer (like I should have 3 years ago when I started writing) to terminate a few expired contracts so the process was done cleanly and legally. As a result, as soon as I terminated an expired DUG contact I hadn't been receiving royalties on as agreed, the same publisher pulled ALL of my contracts with them early, kindly stating I had 'outgrown their press'. I guess I have.

That left me rapidly seeking a new publisher to have my books A BIT OF ROUGH and OUT THERE IN THE NIGHT re-issued ASAP since they are both on the best selling lists at B&N and Amazon and I didn't want too much of a lag time to develop when they came off the shelves, so to speak.

But no print publisher is going to grab a book and shove it into their current line up ASAP. At least not for me. J.K. Rowling or Stephen King maybe, but not me. I had tried using Lulu.com in November only to have the company misplace my manuscript for 16--count them-- 16 weeks. They are not an option for more books from me.

At a bit of a loss about my work finding an appropriate, immediate outlet, I came to the conclusion the only thing to do was to form my own small publishing press. I don't know where it will all lead yet. With success, I hope. I'm going to work my damnest to find out. It's a little mystery, a little adventure and a little romance, but all M/M. It's another way I'm promoting the genre I love to write and keeping my writing career alive.

MLR PRESS, LLC is now open. It's an invitation only publisher and it's all M/M erotic romance and fiction. This is my way of furthering the genre I love and believe in.

Come check us out! We've only got a few offerings at present, but in the next few months we'll have more original steamy, seductive stories for you. Peruse out our upcoming releases page. We're all M/M, only M/M. MLR Press presents the work of a select group of some of the best gay fiction and erotic romance authors available including the legendary William Maltese, author of over 150 books, Lambda nominated mystery writer Josh Lanyon, and the award winning, explicit romances of Laura Baumbach. Look for MEXICAN HEAT, GOLD SANDS and the re-printing of the first two ADRIEN ENGLISH Mystery Series FATAL ATTRACTION and A DANGEROUS THING in the coming months.

http://www.mlrpress.com

MLR Press -- Mayhem, lust and romance.
Manlove -- gay erotic romance at its best.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations! You're an inspiration to us all.

~Stormy

7:08 AM  
Blogger Liddy Midnight said...

Good luck, Laura! Starting a new venture like this is scary and exciting and I hope rewarding.

Hugs,
Liddy

6:09 PM  
Blogger julie said...

Hi;
I was just over checking out MLP and didn't notice any options for purchasing a downloadable copy of the books, similar to the way your books are at Torquere Press. Did I miss it or are you not planning this option for purchase the books as well?

Very much looking forward to reading your Rough Series.
take care,
julie

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home