Sensually Wicked Man Love

The thoughts and challenges I come across in being a heterosexual woman, wife and mother who loves to write m/m erotic romances. I'm not gay or male, but the thoughts of two gorgeous, confident men together is my idea of a hot time! I write for others, both men and women, who feel the same.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

NYC Erotic Expo-- What a Trip!


NYC was noisy, fast-paced, intriguing, fun, irritating, exhausting, confusing, delightful and a hell of a lot of work. Did I mention exhausting?

Thursday: I managed to get all the many luggage bags check in at the train station after a little talking. The train ride was 8 hours, but not so bad. I sat next to a man who commuted every week since August because of a new job, but house, wife and kids were still in Rochester til the end of the school year.

Once at Penn Station I got Red cap to grab the luggage and he took through the underground garage to a taxi stand. Sweet, helpful man, but I have to admit to being nervous when I was the only passenger in the freight elevator and in the dark garage for a bit. Then a cabbie driving a minivan showed up but tried to to refuse to take me and luggage because it would 'scuff' his upholstery. It's a CAB for crying out loud! The red cap convinced him I was 'a nice woman'. He was still a PIA until he asked me what I did and I told him I was an author and wrote about everyone I met, especially the unpleasant people. He was a tad nicer than, but not less than 3 cops threatened to pull his cabbie license by the time he dropped me off at the hotel and dumped me and my luggage in the street. I ran in, got a bellman to help me and we lugged it all up the steps to the lobby without anyone taking it from the street before we got back.

That night two firends and I went to dinner and then to see the Broadway play WICKED. It was awesome beyond words. I bought the sound track and a green monkey. We walked around Times Square and stopped and had drinks then got back to the hotel around 3am.

Friday: We all did a little foot tour of the city, visiting Greenwich Village, the Oscar Wilde book store, visited a toy store where I got some unique stuffed animals for my youngest, and it included seeing a awesome cathedral of St. John the Divine where we were fortunate enough to stumble upon a rehearsal for a concert that night that included Paul Winter. It was amazing to sit in this breathtaking cathedral and listen to this beautiful, music. The man singing was doing it in Portuguese and the clarinet was a mirrored reflection of his tone and voice that was too amazing for words.

We grabbed lunch at the Stardust Dinner where all the waiters and waitresses sing songs from the fifties while you eat. They were all Broadway performers and the music was very cool. One girl was from Chorus Line. That evening we went to see the Rockettes, which was beautiful. The 3-D part of the show was amazing. We were exhausted from walking around all day and called it a night early.

Saturday: I hit the Hard Rock Cafe. By noon we managed the ordeal of the luggage to another cab who was much more gracious and helpful. We arrived at the Puck Building and spent the next couple of hours setting up the booth. It was a very interesting and productive day. All of the men there were sweet, delightful and helpful. But by far the most popular items we had was our scissors. Our single pair of scissors saw more action then the rentboys at the event did. If only I had know what drew men during my dating years!)

We saw a good amount of traffic and talked ourselves hoarse. Literally, I'm still raspy this morning. We sparkled, handed out promo items, pushed the books, and talked and talked and talked. By the end of the day we were all exhausted but very happy.

Sunday: Was a great repeat of Staurday, just shorter. We handed out over 500 cds and most of the flyers and postcards. A lovely man came by the booth and quizzed me about just about everything. Turns out he runs a radio spot and site at newyorkcool.com. He left with promo items, a ton of conversation and books to review for us and publish on his site. I let him choose whatever he wanted. http://www.newyorkcool.com/

We packed up at the end of the day and Deana and I dragged everything out to the street with the help of 3 sweet young things who got us a cab and helped load it up for us. Bellman helped again to get back into the hotel where I spend about an hour trying to rearrange it for the weight limits for the train. We ordered Chinese and dropped into bed. The weekend was fabulous but draining.

Monday: Had to redo the luggage at the check-in station after the morning cabbie abandoned us in the street again about a half a block from the station. A kind and helpful red cap rescued us after I walked to the station twice to ask for help. The check-in guy was nice too, letting me slide on some of the weights.

Made it home, at last. It was a great weekend, met a ton wonderful people and loved almost even minute of it--well, except the cabbie parts. It should take me about a week to recoop!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home