Sensually Wicked Man Love

The thoughts and challenges I come across in being a heterosexual woman, wife and mother who loves to write m/m erotic romances. I'm not gay or male, but the thoughts of two gorgeous, confident men together is my idea of a hot time! I write for others, both men and women, who feel the same.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Lambda names Mexican Heat one of the 5 top romances of 2010



I wanted to share the intriguing news about MEXICAN HEAT, my romantic suspense novel, a collaboration with Josh Lanyon.
It was a Lambda Finalist in 2010, no it didn’t win, but I’m honored the reviewer like it so much to single it out for one of the Top Five of the year!

Even though Lambda now excludes straight authors from submitting to the Lambda Awards (right after MEXICAN HEAT was named a FINALIST — no correlation that I’m aware of, just saying, and I still see naughty straight female authors submitting to them under their male pen names), I do consider it to be an honor for Dick Smart, the Lambda Romance reviewer/columnist to have given it such a fabulous nod of acceptance and recognition. I do appreciate it and want to acknowledge it.

http://imru.posterous.com/romance-novels-senior-poetry-songs-drama-on-t

I’m looking to 2011 to start writing the second one in the series myself (EEK!) spurred on by this and my name AWESOMELY mentioned in ROLLING STONE MAGAZINE last October as “a pioneer of the M/M romance”. That made my year.

And yes, I do have to share the good times and pat myself on the back now and then.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am happy to hear you will be writing the next one

12:50 AM  
Anonymous Ami said...

Good luck for the 2nd book. It's been a long time waiting ...

6:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm very very happy you will be writing the next book!

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura, that's awesome Mexican Heat is one of my favorite M/M stories. I've read it 5-6 times.

10:56 PM  
Blogger Shadow Sterling said...

I loved your characters Bram and James in the Rough series, wish there was more on them 2 books and a short was not enough! :-)

This is an early comment but I just wanted to say “Thank You” to everyone for letting me be included in your Hop Against Homophobia. I am afraid I am not a talented m/m fiction writer like yourself but I am an avid reader of it.

I guess I do not fit into any category really since I write non-fiction for an adult gay studio.
http://shadowsterling.blogspot.com/2012/04/studio-i-write-for.html

But this is a cause I feel strongly about and I wanted to let you know I appreciate the opportunity to be included.

I put a post up at the top of my blog on May 5th and it will remain up until May 19th. http://shadowsterling.blogspot.com/2012/05/straights-and-international-day-against.html

Since I do not write books I will be donating money to PFLAG here in the U.S. in the name of the winner.

Thank you again for the inclusion.

1:25 AM  
Anonymous kim said...

Omg Thank you. I just finished Mexican Heat and loved it...then I couldnt find the 2nd book. I heard you may do it on your own and Im glad their story is going to continue. Thank you for allowing me to escape real life for awhile in a great story...Kim

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haven't heard any news of this in a while. Are you still working on Tequila Sunrise?

3:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When will Tequila Sunrise, the next book in the Mexican Heat Series, be available for purchase? I have looked online and it doesn't seem to be anywhere.

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When will the next book i the series be out? I have looked online and it doesn't seem to be anywhere even though it seems to have come out in 2008.

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home