Sensually Wicked Man Love

The thoughts and challenges I come across in being a heterosexual woman, wife and mother who loves to write m/m erotic romances. I'm not gay or male, but the thoughts of two gorgeous, confident men together is my idea of a hot time! I write for others, both men and women, who feel the same.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

RWA approves new authors of GBLT romance chapter



A few months ago, I asked fellow authors of GLBT romance to join together with me to look into forming a special interest chapter of the RWA. While RWA has acknowledged this sub-genre of romance, there was never a chapter where authors of this sub-genre could meet to discuss issues and experiences that focused on their writing, promotional needs and publishing issues. Over 100 authors showed up to discuss the possibilities. In the end 39 RWA members formed the Rainbow Romance Writers online special interest provisional chapter of RWA.

I’m very proud to announce that as of today we are no longer provisional but officially part of RWA! Here is the official announcement from chapter president Jade Buchanan:

Rainbow Romance Writers is the newest Special Interest Chapter within the Romance Writers of America. A lot of hard work has gone into setting us up as a chapter, but we are very proud to announce that writers specializing in LGBT romance now have a specific place to network with other career-focused writers and concentrate on our unique needs within the romance genre.

Our goals are:

* to promote excellence in gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender romances
* to help members become published in LGBT romances
* to be an advocate within the industry for our genre
* to be a resource to our members and others on writing and the publishing industry

We currently have 39 wonderful members who represent all different aspects of the LGBT romance genre.

Interested writers can contact us at membership@rainbowromancewriters.com
if they would like to become members of Rainbow Romance Writers. They can also email me directly at jade.buchanan@yahoo.com

http://www.rainbowromancewriters.com

Here’s a HUGE thank you to everyone involved in making this happen, those in the new chapter and those at RWA who service the interest of the whole romance writing community! KUDOS!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your nomination!

I now have an absolutely horrible question to ask you. I've noticed that a lot of m/m book readers have put you on their top-ten best m/m authors list. As someone who hasn't read any of your books yet, which book should I purchase first? Which one is a well-known fan favorite? Which one have readers said they can't live without?

I know it's hard for any author to pick and choose which book fans like best, but I'm curious to learn why so many people love you and selfish enough to want to start reading the best-of-the-best.

Thank you in advance for answering this question!

PS. If it's easier to list the top three I should start with, that works as well. Thanks again!

12:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS. If you don't want to post the answer on your blog, feel free to e-mail me at:

Jenny4Film@rocketmail.com

Thanks!
Jenny

12:05 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

By far the most widely read of my books is A BIT OF ROUGH. If you started with any of them, and thank you for asking about my work, that would be the one people seem to enjoy the most!

10:14 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey
I have realy enjoyed your writing so far, and have especialy been looking forward to the releas of the continuation of the Out There and Details series.
I hope you still plan on releasing them, but the long dry perioud has made me worry.
I hope you feel like giving a fan some reasurance

2:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I do plan on releasing them. I've been busy bring the publishing house to life but I'm working GENETIC SNARE as my next novel release. I'm slower but still writing!

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Massage Sydney said...

Thats good to hear about the GBLT Romance Chapter, Great

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home